What is Overwhelm?
Overwhelm is that feeling you have when you just want to get off the spinning world for a while…when there is too much to do and you don’t want to do any of it…when it’s too much that it paralyzes you and you spend time procrastinating because there is too much to do that you don’t know where to start.
Have you ever experienced this?
You can experience overwhelm when:
- your work life and your home life are too full
- when you feel the pressure to perform
- when you are a perfectionist and things are not going perfectly
- when you set your own super high expectations and then have trouble living up to them
- when you are a control freak (and lots of us are) and you feel like you are losing control
- when you have to learn a TON of new stuff and you feel like your brain is full and you can’t retain one more tidbit of information or your brain will explode
- when you are running out of energy for things that require energy
- when you are full of worry and anxiety
- when you are fed up.
Any or all of these things can be signs of overwhelm and it’s very, very common.
Life is stressful sometimes, and even the most together person…or rather the person who appears to be the most together on the outside…can be suffering from overwhelm.
And overwhelm is not limited to adults. Children and teenagers suffer from it too, especially when they are very programmed with activities and lessons and school work and are going from one activity to the next to the next.
So what can you do if you think you are experiencing overwhelm?
I’m going to suggest an activity. This is something I actually want you to do with me…so if you need to stop and start this as you do it, that’s ok. It might take you an hour. It might take you less, depending on how much you are overwhelmed with….but this is a practical, hands-on activity that I have created to get you FAST from overwhelm to organized.
I don’t have a name for it yet, so if you have a suggestion as to what I should call this, let me know…I’m actually planning to make this activity a free course offering in my online school…so any suggestions or ideas you have once you’ve been through it will be welcome…but at any rate, here is my activity designed just for you, dear Communication Diva listener.
Tune in, take a listen and let me know what you think.
Until next time,