Changing the world through better relating and communicating…
…gets him very excited! Award-winning actor and author Alan Alda has been using his acting skills to change the world…literally, by helping others do their jobs more effectively. Through the use of specific improvisational training, he and the organizations he has helped to found have allowed thousands to communicate their ideas and their work to others more effectively and efficiently. His most recent book “If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on my Face”, was published in June of 2017, and is a delightful and informative read, full of stories and examples of how we humans can more deeply connect with each other, for the good of the world. In the book, and this episode, we learn about the power of using improvisation to build connection and to open up channels of communication between people.
And so I invite you to join me in this rich and inspiring conversation with Alan Alda.
About our guest:
In this episode:
- why he wrote this latest book
- how the principles of communication he and his team have developed can be used by many
- what teaching should be: the delighting and exciting of another person
- the ONE thing you can do to be a better actor, and just a better person
- the “broadcast” style of communication versus the opening of a channel
- building inner confidence
- The Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science
- The Alda Communication Training Company (ACT)
- mind reading
- women in business training
- unfortunate reality of culturally embedded gender practices in communication
- communication tools
- and lots more!
The new book:
Available all over! Click HERE to see where on Alan’s website.
Where to Follow Alan:
Please share this post/podcast with people you know who might benefit from learning more about relating and communicating more effectively.
Course Launch next week!
Our new online course: How to ACE a Job Interview (when you haven’t interviewed in a long time) will be open for registration here at Communication Diva on July 31st (which just happens to be my 50th birthday…yay!) until August 7th, 2017 ONLY.
Please click HERE to find out more, to view the curriculum, and to preview some of the course video content.
Until next time, happy relating!