Job Interview Questions…
can be scary! How do you know what the interviewer might ask you? What answers will you give? How do you know how to prepare yourself when you don;t know what they might ask?
Some of the interview questions are common.
Today’s topic idea comes from doing some of the youth employment workshops I’ve been doing with the local libraries and a friend who works for a local government employment agency. We’ve been doing teen workshops called “Rock That Interview” where we invite real employers to come and give mock interviews to the teens after we’ve taught them some solid interview skills. When the interviews are over, the employers come and sit as a panel to answer questions from the teens, and at one of the recent sessions, one teen asked, “how can I know how to answer some of the questions I’m asked?”
So that got me thinking.
What are some of the most common questions, and how best is it to get ready for them and to answer them during an interview? In this episode, I have compiled for you 21 very common interview questions and will give you ideas on why they are being asked and how to answer them. There are likely many more than 21 common questions, but it seemed like a good number for the amount of time we have. so here we go…not in any order of importance…just 21 common questions you could be asked during a job interview.
Here are the interview questions…
to find out why they are being asked and how to answer, tune in!
- How did you hear about the position?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What was your biggest failure?
- Tell me about a time you experienced conflict (or a challenge) at work and what you did about it.
- How well do you work under pressure/how do you handle stress?
- If you were an animal, which animal would you be? (Or other seemingly weird questions).
- How well do you work with others?
- Do you plan to have a family?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your weaknesses/growing edges/what do you need to work on?
- What do you expect as far as salary goes?
- Why are you leaving your current job/why did you leave your last job?
- Tell me about the gap in your employment.
- What do you know about our company?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What do you do for fun? What do you do outside work?
- Why do you want this job?
- What would you do if…(tell me about a time when…) .
- What would you do in the first (30/60/90) days?
- Why should we hire you?
- Do you have any questions?
I also mention the spring sale that is on ONLY until April 25,2017 on the Resume Secrets Plus course. With THIS COUPON, the course is 41% off the regular price (which will be going up at the end of April anyway.) Instead of $49 Cdn currently, it will be going up to $79. You can get it with THIS COUPON until April 25th, 2017 for $29. If you need a resume, or know someone who does, this course comes with a personal resume review by me.
Until Next Time…Happy Spring!