Workplace Loyalty…Does it Still Exist?
For the most part, the days of having the same career from college to retirement are gone.
Workers move around a lot. Companies downsize and grow and shift. Change happens, both in organizations and within the people who work for them, too.
Join me as I have a wonderfully rich conversation with author, speaker, and CEO Lee Caharer on why workplace loyalty is important on the part of BOTH employers and employees.
Topics Covered in This Episode:
- what is meant by loyalty
- three reasons it’s key for employers to inspire
- how it can benefit employees
- why employers should not bother with counter-offers
- stop worrying about employees who are going to leave
- personalized employee development plans
- corporate sponsored alumni programs
- it is the employees job to craft a career
- millennials in the workplace
- a lattice career
- knowing yourself
- advice for college grads just starting out
- tools and strategies for getting to know yourself better…as an employee and a human being, including the MBTI, a book called StrengthFinders and the Enneagram
- kids, college and your first job, and MORE!
Lee Caraher is the CEO of Double Forte PR & Digital Marketing; an acclaimed communication strategist, she’s known for her practical solutions to big problems. Her company works with some of the top consumer and technology brands in the country.
Lee’s the author of Millennials & Management based on her experience with failing and then succeeding at retaining Millennials.
Her next book, The Boomerang Principle will be published in April 2017.
Lee has a reputation for building cohesive, high producing teams who have fun together at the same time. She is a straight talker who doesn’t hold too many punches, although she does her best to be pleasant about it. Her big laugh and sense of humor have gotten her out of a lot of trouble.
Lee is active in the community and currently serves on three nonprofit boards. A graduate of Carleton College with a degree in Medieval History, which she finds useful every day, Lee lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, two sons, and a blind cat.
How to Connect with Lee:
Until Next Time:
Do take a moment to leave a comment for us on iTunes to help spread the news, and share this episode using the share buttons below. You are appreciated!
Thanks so much for listening,