John Corcoran is an attorney and business advisor in the San Francisco Bay area. He has worked in Hollywood, as a writer in the Office of Presidential Letters and Messages at the White House for President Bill Clinton, and as a Speechwriter to the Governor of California.
John is also the creator of SmartBusinessRevolution.com, where he writes about and interviews successful entrepreneurs and shares his own experiences with entrepreneurship.
What he Talks About
In this podcast episode, John tells his story of his early career days working as a speech-writer. Topics include:
- Being a speech-writing intern during Bill Clinton‘s presidency
- Who and how many it takes to put together a political speech
- What things need to be considered when writing a speech: context, audience, complexity of message
- John’s work on the Thanksgiving Proclamation of 1999
- The California Energy crisis
- President Obama‘s masterful oratory skills
- John’s contribution to Hollywood
- His work for the 2007-8 Presidential campaign
- John’s advice to anyone who needs to give a speech
- John’s book recommendation for anyone needing to write or present a speech: Made to Stick by Chip & Dan Heath
What He’s Doing Now
John is the creator and host of a blog and podcast focused on helping people to succeed in business. He also has recently opened a law practice.
You can contact John through his website: www.smartbusinessrevolution.com
or via Twitter: Twitter.com/johncorcoran
You may have noticed the new black button on the right hand side of the site? This is a voice-mail feature, where you can leave your comments or questions in an audio format. You may even hear yourself in an upcoming podcast episode! Just click on the button and follow the directions…it’s very easy to use. I am trying this feature out for a month to see if I like it..,let me know your thoughts!
Or, you can reach me via the comments section below, via email or Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks for visiting…until next time,